Another architectural delight from the Uptown Waterloo Once Around the Block tour hosted by the Button Factory with the Baden Storytellers’ Guild. The following description can be found on the Waterloo Public Library site.
3 King Street South, now the Bank of Montreal and formerly Molson’s Bank, is a good example of classical bank architecture. Notice the Ionic columns and the stonework over the windows. It was built in 1914 but the land that the bank was built on had been owned by William Snider and used for a park by the public. When the town decided to tax Snider on the land he decided to sell it to the town, but when they wouldn’t buy it he sold it to Molson’s bank and thus Waterloo lost its original town square.
Tech Info: 3 exposure HDR processed in Photomatix, Lightroom, Photoshop, Topaz, OnOne.