This is the interior of a Caboose on display at the Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum. Here is a little history from their website. http://www.marinerail.com/caboose
The History of Caboose 78581:
Caboose 78581 started out as a boxcar. It was built in 1910 in Chicago for the Grand Trunk Western Railway. The Grand Trunk Western Railway became the American branch of Canadian National Railways.
In 1947 the boxcar was converted into a caboose at CN’s Leaside shops in Toronto. This caboose was ready for use on December 13th, 1947 and was used by CN for many years until it was eventually retired. The Caboose was left sitting on a siding for a few years. A siding is a single piece of track attached to a mainline at one end for train cars to sit on. It is like a driveway for train cars.
The caboose went to the McDonalds Restaurant in Owen Sound and was used for parties and other events. A lot of changes were made to the caboose at that time.
In 2002 the caboose was brought to the museum and the restoration project began.